As experienced training providers, we know that many apprentices find the process of starting an apprenticeship scheme daunting.

But, it really needn’t be. Having supported countless HR and L&D apprentices through their programmes and CIPD qualifications, we understand how to tailor apprenticeships to cater for individual working environments and different organisational cultures.

This experience puts us ahead of the game when it comes to helping you meet your 20% off-the-job training requirement while working with your employer to achieve the best possible results for your organisation.

We offer levels 3,5 and 7 apprenticeship schemes in HR and L&D as well as a range of accountancy apprenticeships. All our apprentices are supported by their own personal tutor throughout their programme.

Call us for further information about apprenticeships and the full range of professional qualifications and learning solutions offered by Reed Learning on 020 7932 2760.

Read our 10 top tips to ensure apprenticeship success!

1. Develop a long-term plan for your apprenticeship and study journey.

2. Build in time for the 20% off-the-job studying requirement of your apprenticeship. It’s all too easy to let the other 80% take over.

3. Become familiar with the apprenticeship standards and the CIPD profession map. Use highlighter pens to relate both to your studies.

4. Don’t keep quiet. Tell your colleagues what you are doing so they understand how you are managing time during your apprenticeship.

5. Take every opportunity to reflect and record your learning in your journal accounts. Relate these entries to the apprenticeship standards.

6. Log your off-the-job training on OneFile regularly either on a daily or weekly basis, whatever works best for you.

7. Be a collaborative learner. Engage with others in your organisation and tell them about your units and assignments to gain their insight.

8. Be honest and open about your challenges and achievements. Don’t be afraid to ask your personal tutor and cohort members questions.

9. Get involved in and engage with any relevant discussion forums and your cohort WhatsApp group.

10. Put yourself first and don’t forget to enjoy your apprenticeship, it could be a gamechanger like it was for our apprentice of the year 2022 John Norton!